Medicalization: it’s an insidious problem facing companies and employees across the world. A non-medical issue can find itself elevated to the status of medical condition, leaving behind a wake of ballooning costs, HR catastrophe, and ultimately, a patient outright let down by the medical establishment.
Western Medical Assessments’ Medical Director Dr. Roger Hodkinson recently gave a webinar on the topic. Now, we’d like to open up access to the recording to all HR professionals.
Dr. Hodkinson has extensive experience with medicalization and brings his sharp eye to the issue in this engaging hour-long examination of the topic from an HR perspective:
- Overview of what medicalization is and how it affects employers and employees
- What Independent Medical Examinations are, and how they combat medicalization
- The red flags HR departments should watch out for
- When the circumstances are right for an IME
- Questions and answers from on-the-ground HR professionals in attendance
Are you ready to understand how to do right by your employee while reducing the enormous costs an unchecked suspect medical diagnosis can inflict on a company? Head on over here and get started — and make sure you share with your colleagues. It’s time to resolve and prevent those lingering cases and make a difference in your HR department.